What We Believe
The Foothills church of Christ believes that the Word of God is contained solely in the Holy Bible and is our only guide in all things pertaining to the Christian life.
- We believe that the scriptures contained in the Holy Bible were inspired by God and contain the Father’s complete council and Truth for mankind.
- We believe that the inspired scriptures inform us that there is one God that exist in the form of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was the promised Messiah, born of a virgin, that he lived a sinless life, died on a cross and was raised from the dead.
- We hold to the scriptural truth that the one-time sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for all humanity and for all subsequent generations of His obedient followers.
- We maintain that Christ serves as the one mediator between God and mankind and that He presides as the head of the church until the last day when He will hand the kingdom over to His Father.
- We are strengthened by the Holy Spirit through His Word. God's providential care helps us through each day as we continue to walk in the Light.
- We believe that the scriptures instruct us that it is essential to love God, believe in the Word, and live in obedience to His will; and in so doing, provides the blueprint for our daily lives, our worship, our work and labors in the kingdom, and our spiritual growth both personally and as a congregation.
What We Practice
Our worship services are based upon the teachings of the New Testament. Those who attend our services will discover that we observe the Lord’s Supper every first day of the week. We sing acappella praise unto the Lord of glory. We practice water immersion for the forgiveness of sins. We exercise male spiritual leadership within worship services and in adult Bible class settings. The members are overseen by elders and are served by deacons. Bible classes are led by very competent teachers. Sermons are rooted in the Bible with a goal of reaching the lost, encouraging the saved and glorifying God. All visitors at Foothills are met with a warm and loving greeting.